Protect yourself from costly mistakes and be aware of situations that could be potential pitfalls when buying or selling your home.
BUYING A HOME:
- Do not buy a house you cannot afford.
- Do not empty your savings.
- Check your credit report and correct errors.
- Get more than one rate quote.
- Seek out first-time buyer programs.
- Look into VA, SDA, and FHA loans.
- Get pre-approved for a loan.
- Do not buy without a home inspection.
- Do not obtain new credit, such as a new credit card, prior to closing.
- Do not forget about homeowner’s insurance.
- Use a real estate agent.
SELLING A HOME:
- Do not sell before your ready to.
- Do not let your ego or emotion rule the sale.
- Do not underestimate the cost of selling.
- Price your home realistically based on assessment and current market.
- Stage your home.
- Utilize a professional photographer.
- Do not ignore repairs.
- Do not make costly renovations.
- Be sure to disclose defects
- Try to not limit the amount of showings.
- Consider all offers.
- Be flexible in negotiations.
- Higher a skilled real estate agent.
For most, their home is the largest transaction that they will ever experience, but it doesn't need to be the most difficult. If you would like a free consultation to avoid costly mistakes, please give True Realty a call for a free, non-obligatory consultation @ (720) 305-0757.