We consider it our obligation to help you thoroughly and objectively evaluate your home's condition and features to properly assess how it compares to the current market. Once we've determined the full value, our team will offer you advice about the little things that you can do to stage your home to get you the highest possible price.
Did you know?
Well placed furniture can open up rooms and make them seem larger than they are?
Or that opening drapes and blinds + turning on all lights make a room feel bright and cheery?
It's a fact: acquiring the highest market value and elevating your home above others in the same price range often come down to first impressions.
THINGS TO DO:
- Keep the grass freshly cut
- Remove all yard clutter
- Apply fresh paint to wooden fences
- Paint the front door
- Weed and apply fresh mulch to landscaping / garden beds
- Clean windows (inside and out)
- Wash or paint the home's exterior
- Tighten and clean all door handles
- Ensure gutters and downspouts are firmly attached.
- Consider removing excessive all hangings and furniture
- Store away knickknacks and items of personal value
- Clean or pain walls and ceilings
- Shampoo carpets
- Clean and organize cabinets and closets
- Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps
- Clean all light fixtures / possibly update them
- Turn on all lights
- Open drapes in daytime
- Keep pets secured outdoors / allow someone to pet sit for you at their home
- Play quiet background music
- Light the fireplace (if seasonally appropriate)
- Infuse the home with a comforting, not overwhelming, scent like apple spice or vanilla
- Vacate the property while it is being shown
If you find this to be overwhelming or if you are needing assistance of any kind, True Realty has a plethora of resources that can help. Just give us a call @ (720) 305-0757.